These important questions should be considered when selling a home as to alert you to special circumstances surrounding the transaction.
- Has there been a change in marital status or name change since purchasing the property?
- Is anyone currently on title deceased?
- Is the property in a trust?
- Is anyone on title currently incapacitated (dementia, Alzheimer’s, disabled)?
- Will a Power of Attorney be used or needed?
- Do any of the sellers signing NOT have a photo ID or driver’s license?
- Is the seller only selling a portion of their property? If yes, a survey with a new legal description would need to be provided.
- Is the property a mobile home/manufactured housing?
If there are special circumstances, please let your title agent know as soon as possible to ensure a smooth transaction for all.