Tax bills will soon be out. What should you do?

May 1st, 2013

If you SOLD a property recently, it would be prudent for you to forward a copy of the tax bill to the buyer/new owner of the property for prompt payment.

If you PURCHASED a property recently, do not assume the tax records have been changed with the town/city. Contact the tax collectors office and request a copy of the bill.

If you ESCROW for your taxes and this is the first bill to be paid out of your escrow account, contact your lender for instructions. Some lenders may contact the town directly to request a copy of the bill. If not, it will be your responsibility to forward a copy of the bill to the lender for prompt payment out of your escrow funds.